I'm an assistant professor at the University of Strasbourg, France, associated with the ICPS group, the research team on parallel and scientific computing at ICube. I submitted my doctorate in 1992 at the University of Besançon and my "Habilitation à diriger les recherches" in 2003 at the University Louis Pasteur of Strasbourg.
- Office : B223
- Phone : (+33) 03 68 85 45 52
- E-mail : Eric.Violard@inria.fr
My research work is concerned with foundations of parallel programming. I'm interested in formalizing, proving and mechanizing the static or dynamic code transformations that are used to tune programs to parallel architectures.
Keywords: Parallel programming model - Semantics of programming languages - Code transformations - Parallel algorithmics
I am a permanent member of the INRIA project CAMUS . My most recent works are about the following issues :
- The experimental language WAVE http://wave.gforge.inria.fr
- The Multifor syntactic construct semantics
- Polyhedral transformations formalization and proof
(Some of) My papers can be downloaded from :
- Teaching support  (These documents will be transferred very soon on the educational moodle platform of the University of Strasbourg)
- Learning Functional Programming (I wrote a book in the collection "Mini Manuel" of the editions DUNOD )
- Educational application (I designed a web application to experiment with lambda-calculus )